Media Contact: Lauren Bartlett, (626) 302-2255
Advisory for Tuesday, July 1
WHAT: Southern California Edison (SCE) will hold a briefing to explain changes this summer to residential customer bills. A rates expert will explain the key factors impacting rates.
WHEN: 10:30 a.m.-noon, July 1.
WHERE: County of Ventura Government Center, Lower Plaza Assembly Room, 800 S. Victoria Ave., Ventura. Map
- Russ Worden, a director in the SCE rates group, will give a presentation and answer questions.
- Sandy Close, executive director and director of New America Media, will moderate.
BACKGROUND: It's important for customers to understand why their electricity bills are changing. The key factors:
- The cost to generate or buy power is increasing: This cost increase is passed directly to the customer, and SCE doesn’t make a profit from this.
- Infrastructure investments: SCE is updating the grid to deliver safer and more dependable electricity.
- Rate design changes: Currently high-usage customers subsidize low-usage customers. With this upcoming change, costs will be more evenly spread among all of our customers.
PARKING: Parking is available in the center’s lot.